More paint would be nice.
❤ - - -
Name: Caterina Margueritte Van Aelst
Job: Painter / Con artist
Likes: new paint, charcoal, fresh canvasses, stacks of paper, tea time, soapy scents, strawberries dipped in chocolate, walks near the oceanside
Dislikes: noblemen, fish, bad etiquette, running out of art supplies, art blocks
- - - Caterina does not introduce herself as Caterina Van Aelst and keeps it a secret from everyone else. Instead, she uses her second name, Margueritte, as a last name. Although quickly angered and easily frustrated when it comes to art, she has the patience of saints when it comes to everything else.
- - - With people she barely knows, Caterina does not talk unless it is absolutely necessary, her sentences eloquently formed and her words meticulously chosen. She has developed an easy friendship with the shopkeepers of AshBriar, occasionally bringing them her bad-tasting cooking which they graciously accept (and feed to the dogs).
- - - Caterina was born the last child and sole daughter of the Van Aelst family of Adysia. Her mother had died in childbirth when she was a toddler, thus causing the rest of the family to pamper her. Growing up in a very sheltered environment and constantly spoiled by her father, most of her early years was devoted to literature and art. There was no need for her to work as it was believed the family fortune was enough to support Caterina and her siblings for the rest of their lives.
- - - When she was fifteen years old, lower ranking nobility, jealous of her father's financial success, plotted the ruination of the Van Aelst fortune. Only a couple of weeks after turning sixteen, Caterina's two older brothers, William and Lucian, were mysteriously declared traitors and exiled from the kingdom. Two years after these events, Cristophe Van Aelst filed for bankruptcy and died of consumption and heartbreak. The corrupt noblemen had won.
- - - Caterina, forgotten, alone and the sole witness of her family's destruction, gathered what little was left of the Van Aelst fortune and moved to a small cottage in AshBriar, hiding her identity and introducing herself as a painter. Bitterly, she cursed all of nobility for being greedy and shallow vermin and vowed to make their lives a living hell. She has recently joined a local group of bandits as a swindler and con artist, secretly preying on the unsuspecting nobility of Adysia.
- - - Her preferred mediums are oil and watercolor. She always keeps a sketchbook and pencils with her wherever she goes. Caterina has a tendency to stick out her tongue when she is focused on drawing.
- - - Aside from visual arts, she is an avid reader and music enthusiast. She does not know how to play any instrument, but she can sing and dance decently. When she was younger she attempted to play string instruments but could not stand the pain in her fingertips.
- - - Sometimes sneaks into Adysia to buy and spazz over top-of-the-line art supplies.
- - - ❤i got her name from various renaissance and still life painters
❤ - - - sai, ps cs, 3hrs
❤ - - - textures: x x ref: x